Brrrrrr! As we ring in the new year, mounds of snow have already made their way into our backyards and it seems like they are here to stay. With great snow accumulation comes a great amount of snow days. But despite the excitement on a child’s face when they are told school is cancelled due to inclement weather conditions, a parents face seems to simultaneously cringe in panic. What could possibly keep one’s child entertained for the duration of a snow day, without driving their parents crazy? Don’t worry MirthInABox is here to help with some fun snow day essentials that will put a smile on every parent and child’s face.
- Board games- board games are a great way to involve the whole family in a friendly snow day competition. Some of our staff’s favorite games include, Zeus On The Loose, Hanabi, and Loot all of which are sure to keep the kids busy and happy.
- Ear Plugs for Mom and Dad- For the parents that are having trouble coping with their children’s bountiful energy exploding all over the house, ear plugs are here to save the day.
- An Indoor Sport (That Won’t Damage Any Furniture)- After a few hours of being indoors, cabin fever is sure to set in. To keep the kids moving, MirthInABox offers a miniature basketball hoop that can easily be attached to a door or a wall and a small basketball to go with it.
- A DIY Activity- The Stitch and Sketch DIY Journal will transform any child into an embroidering artist and keep them busy creating a snow day masterpiece.
- Coloring the Day Away Alongside the Kids- Kids are not the only ones who can get bored on a snow day: The Color Relax Pocket-Sized Adult Coloring Book is a great way for a parent to keep their mind occupied on a frigid snow day as well!
Each of these products are available for purchase on our website!
Happy Snow Days!