Smelling the Flowers: Gardening Quotes
As the summer heat abates I begin, once again, to spend time in my garden. Ahhhhh!!!!!
- A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all it teaches entire trust. Gertrude Jekyll
- Gardening requires lots of water – most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson
- Gardening is the purest of human pleasures. Francis Bacon
- I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers. Claude Monet
- If you have two pennies, spend one on a loaf and one on a flower. The bread will give you life and the flower a reason for living. Chinese Proverb
- Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them A. A. Milne
Too busy working in your garden to create a care package for someone at college? Well……Mirth in a Box sells the best college care packages in the world! Check us out!
Need a pair of practical and pretty gardening gloves? Do check out my friend Harriet’s gorgeous gloves HERE.
photo credit: jeżówki (echinacea purpurea) via photopin (license)
This entry was posted in Quotes
and tagged garden
. Bookmark the permalink