Earth Day, always April 22nd, was first celebrated in 1970.
- What is the use of a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on? Henry David Thoreau
- A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children. John James Audubon
- Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain
- Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money. Cree Indian Proverb
- A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- At some point in life, the world’s beauty becomes enough. Toni Morrison
- I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so. Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth. Stephen Hawking
- In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. John Muir
- As crude a weapon as the cave man’s club, the chemical barrage has been hurled against the fabric of life. Rachel Carson
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed. Mahatma Gandhi
Mirth in a Box sells funny and unusual care packages. Did you know that Anne and Gay (the people behind scenes at Mirth in a Box) met in 19990 while volunteering for River- Lab , a bellwether environmental educational program based in Fairfield, CT? Anne is still on the board of directors of the Mill River Wetland Committee! Thank goodness for people like Anne Weinrod!