Will Rogers was an American Renaissance man. His lassoing talents landed him in the Guinness Book of World Records. His cowboy skills helped launch a career in vaudeville and Rogers later became a popular Hollywood movie star. Will Rogers went on to become a syndicated columnist and radio personality,and wrote 6 books. One of his favorite subjects was politics. Here are a few of his choicest quotes. Feel free to add more!
- I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts
- Diplomacy is the art of saying,”Nice Doggie” until you can find a rock.
- This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in sessions as when a baby gets hold of a hammer.
- Politics has become so expensive that it takes a lot of money even to be defeated.
- That’s the trouble with a politician’s life-somebody is always interrupting it with an election.
- Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.
- There ought to be one day-just one-when there is open season on senators
- There’s not trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.