I remember the leaden feeling in my chest the day I dropped my first child off at college. Actually, it only lasted for an hour or so. After I schlepped boxes up the stairs for a few hours I was hot, distracted and quite ready to go home alone.
- The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of the tires. Dorothy Parker
- There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other wings. Hodding Carter
- A man cannot leave a better legacy to the world than a well educated family. Thomas Scott
- If the college you visit has a bookstore filled with t-shirts rather than books, find another college. Albert Mohler Jr.
- Economists report that a college education adds many thousands of dollars to a man’s lifetime income–which he then spends sending his son to college. Bill Vaughn
- However painful the process of leaving home, for the parents and for children, the really frightening thing for both would be the prospect of the child never leaving home. Robert Neelly Bellah