This blog post was resurrected from the deep well of Alex Berg’s old blog, Microanalysis. Thanks, Alex! You’re a life saver!
A Children’s Primer for Amoebas
- See Moe.
- See Moe’s amorphous body form pseudopodia.
- Locomote using pseudopodia, Moe, locomote using pseudopodia!
- Moe is hungry.
- Hungry, hungry Moe.
- Time for phagocytosis.
- Watch Moe.
- Watch Moe grow.
- Watch Moe’s DNA replicate.
- Watch Moe’s outer cellular wall invaginate, splitting Moe into two daughter cells.
- Watch Moe undergo cytokinesis.
- Now there are two Moes.
- Moe sees Moe.
- See Moe See Moe.
- Go, Moe, Go!
Need a gift for your science nerd? Mirth in a Box has you covered. Check us out!