- A fishing pole is a stick with a hook at one end and a fool on the other. Samuel Johnson
- Fishing is boring, unless you catch an actual fish, and then it is disgusting. Dave Barry
- The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad. A.K. Best
- There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with a fisherman? Woody Allen
- Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend. Zenna Schaffer
- If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles. Doug Larson
We’re fishing for more aquarian quotes! Maybe something more upscale?
Mirth in a Box sells fun and unusual care packages. Got a college student who needs some love? A friend who needs some cheer? We’ve got you covered!