National Nurses Week starts every year on May 6th and ends on May 12th, Florence Nightingale’s birthday. Read all about the history and appropriate ways to celebrate at www.nursingworld.org.
At Mirth in a Box we’d like to kick off the week with a few nursing jokes:
- What’s the difference between Mother Teresa and a nurse? Mother Teresa only had to serve one god.
- What’s the difference between and oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer? The taste!
- What did the patient say to the nurse after swallowing his pillow? I feel a little down in the mouth.
- Mother: Hey nurse! How is my son doing? He’s the one who swallowed the 10 dollar bill. Nurse: No change yet, Ma’am.
- Doctor: Nurse, did you take the patient’s temperature? Nurse: No, Doctor. Is it missing?
- How many nurses does it take to screw in a light bulb? None. They just have a nursing student do it.
- A nurse walks into a bank. She reaches into her pocket to pull out a pen to sign her check. Instead of a pen, she finds she has pulled out a rectal thermometer from the pocket. The nurse then looks at the rectal thermometer in disgust. “Oh crap!” she says. “Some asshole has my pen!”
Have a sick friend in need of some good cheer? Send him/her one of our playful and practical Get Well and Cheer Up care packages!
Photos from Resurge International via Flickr. Consider this wonderful organization next time you are feeling generous. They perform free reconstructive surgery for world’s most underserved populations.