- Summer makes me drowsy, Autumn makes me sing, Winter’s pretty lousy, but I hate Spring. Dorothy Parker Whaaaa? Time to freshen up her Mint Julep!
- It is not spring until you can plant your foot upon twelve daisies. Italian Proverb Ehhhh. I’d call daisy-time summer in New England.
- One flower doesn’t bring spring. Afghan Proverb But it can’t hurt!
- One swallow does not make a spring. German Proverb Sheesh!
- A late Easter, a long cold spring. French proverb Damn!
- You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming. Pablo Neruda
Who would want to keep spring from coming? Dorothy Parker?
- Spring makes everything look filthy. Katherine Whitehorn Really? Bring on the filth!
- Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day. W. Earl Hall
- The spring came suddenly, bursting upon the world as a child bursts into a room, with a laugh and a shout and hands full off flowers… Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush. Doug Larson
- Walk lightly in the spring; Mother Earth is pregnant. Kiowa Proverb
And my #1 All Time Favorite:
Spring is nature’s way of saying, “Let’s Party!” Robin Williams
Are you ready for spring? How’s the weather today in your part of the world?