Wow! I’ve heard of Irish Blessings but I decided to Google ‘Irish curses‘ and found some delightfully devilish oaths. Check these out:
- May you find the bees but not the honey!
- May you be afflicted with the itch but have no nails to scratch with!
- May you go to hell and not have a drop of porter to quench your eternal thirst!
- May the devil make a fool of you!
- Dysentery on you!
- If you eat, that you may not shit!
- May you have the runs on your wedding night!
- May the curse of Mary Malone and her nine blind illegitimate children chase you so far over the Hills of Damnation that the Lord himself can’t find you with a telescope!
All righty then! Here’s an Irish blessing to reverse those curses:
May your blessings out number the shamrocks that grow and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.
Whoa! What’s the best curse you’ve ever heard?
Thank you to www.gaelicmatters.com, www.irishcentral.com and www.irishsessions.free.fr for the curses!
Need more Saint Patrick’s Day inspiration? Check out our Pinterest board, Saint Patrick’s Day! Recipes, humor, trivia and more!