International Pi Day, March 14, was started by one of my favorite museums, The Exploratorium in San Francisco to celebrate the never-ending and always fascinating mathematical symbol, Pi. Read all about it on the Exploratorium’s Brief History of Pi page.
I’ll let the experts tell you about Pi. My only contribution to your pi day will be a few math jokes:
- What did one math book say to the other math book? I got more problems than you.
- Why was 10 afraid of 7? Because 7 ate 9!
- What did 0 say to 8? Nice belt!
- Why can’t you miss too many math classes? It starts adding up!
- What is a math teacher’s favorite dessert? Pi!