Not much can cheer me up when I’m sick in bed but some of these quotes got a smile out of me:
- I enjoy convalescence. It is the part that makes the illness worthwhile. George Bernard Shaw
- Serious illness doesn’t bother me for long because I am too inhospitable a host. Albert Schweitzer
- Get-well cards have become so humorous that if you don’t get sick you’re missing half the fun. Flip Wilson
- A bad cold wouldn’t be so annoying if it weren’t for the advice of our friends. Kim Hubbard
- People who cannot find time for recreation are obliged sooner or later to find time for illness. John Wanamaker
- If ones bowels move, one is happy; and if they don’t move, one is unhappy. That is all there is to it. Lin Yutang
Thank you to Resurge International for the handsome doctor photo! Resurge International has been providing free reconstructive surgery for the poor since 1969!