When I hear the word ‘blizzard’ my thoughts turn to Dairy Queen but never mind. Today I woke to the results of our much hyped Southern Connecticut ‘blizzard’-4+ inches of fresh white snow. A bit of a let down but schools are closed and, though I haven’t been enrolled in school for decades,, I’m treating myself to a snow day.
Anonymous is quite a wise fellow:
- When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels. Anonymous
- Snowmen fall from heaven… unassembled. Anonymous
- Bad weather always looks worse through a window. Anonymous
And these quotes hit me just right today:
- A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water. Carl Reiner (not me but I hear this thought echoed quite a bit!)
- The snow doesn’t give a soft white damn whom it touches. e.e. cummings (ah poetry!)
- Snow provokes responses that reach right back to childhood. Andy Goldsworthy (SNOW DAY!)
Mirth in a Box is the online source for fun care packages! Know someone recovering from a slip on the ice? Send a Get Well Gift box! Have a homesick college student? Our College Care Packages are the best!