I think that if someone knows me well enough to visit and spend the night, that person should know that I am not particularly tidy…so why should I bother to clean the house? My husband disagrees so every November first I begin tossing out the detritus of my past year. Thought these quotes were pretty spot on:
- Visits always give pleasure – if not the arrival, the departure. Portuguese Proverb
- Santa Claus has the right idea: Visit people once a year. Victor Borge
- Fish and visitors smell in three days. Benjamin Franklin
- Tact is the art of making guests feel at home when that’s really where you wish they were. Calvin Trillin
- House guests should be regarded as perishable. Leave them out too long and they go bad. Erma Bombeck
Love you, kids! Please come visit! I miss you!