Little Miss Muffet is now in her sixties and an accomplished furniture designer. Thanks to years of intense behavioral therapy, she is no longer an arachniphobe; in fact she relishes mocking anything with 8 legs. We thought we’d ask Ms Muffet for her favorite spider jokes. Here they are:
- What do you call two spiders who just got married? Newly Webbed!
- Why did the spider buy a computer? She wanted to build a website!
- What did one spider say to the other spider? Time’s fun when you’re having flies!
- Why did the spider buy a new car? So he could take it out for a spin!
- Why are spiders good baseball players? Because they know how to catch flies!
- What do spiders like to order at a fast food restaurant? Burgers and flies.
Forgot the nursery rhyme? Here it is: Little Miss Muffet sat on a tufffet, eating her curds and whey. Along came a spider, who sat down beside her and frightened Miss Muffet away. Yes, there are several variations. I learned this one when I was small.