Bubbe Said What? Yiddish Proverbs
I LOVE these Yiddish proverbs!
- Your health comes first; you can always hang yourself later.
- If you want your dreams to come true, don’t over sleep.
- A man is not honest simply because he never had a chance to steal
- The girl who can’t dance says the band can’t play. (my favorite!)
- Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven.
- A man should live if only to satisfy his curiosity.
- Your neighbor’s apples are the sweetest.
Got any more great Yiddish proverbs? Go ask Bubbie!
Mirth in a Box sells fun and unusual college care packages.….and MORE!
Photo credits John Pemble for the dancer photo and Daniel Kreiger for the grandmother! Both from Flickr.com.