Pithy Polish Proverbs
A few Polish proverbs for our out-of-sight-but not out-of-mind Jack of All Trades, Aggie:
- The woman cries before the wedding and the man after.
- When the woman gets off the wagon, horses have an easier time
- The only free cheese is in the mouse trap.
- A good appetite needs no sauce.
- It’s better to have a sparrow in your hand, than a pigeon on the roof
- A problem shared is a problem halved.
- Did hogs feed here or did Lithuanians have a feast here? (huh? Explain that, Aggie.)
Mirth in a Box sells fun care packages and gifts. We have not expanded to Poland yet.
Photo credits: Wayan and Eva via Flickr.com