What the heck does “Will the crow, after bathing, become a stork?” mean(if you find out, do let me know)? Don’t have time to spend a month on an ashram? Or even an hour contemplating your navel? Here’s a few well-known proverbs from India that will guide you to enlightenment….or not!
- In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
- A single blow of a blacksmith is equal to a hundred blows of a goldsmith.
- What you know is as big as the size of your palm, what you do not know is as big as the size of the universe.
- The cobra will bite you whether you call it cobra or Mr. Cobra.
- Shallow water bubbles much: a shallow man boasts much.
- The contented are always happy; the discontented are ever miserable.
- Happiness consists in the absence of anxiety.
- Advice to the stupid produces anger.
- Living in water and being an enemy of the crocodile is not good. Duh!
- First Day a guest, second day a pest. I love this one!
I enjoyed looking up proverbs from India, Can’t say I understood all of them. Do you have any favorite proverbs? Please Share!
Mirth in a Box sells the best care packages in the entire world! We got lots of great gifts for college students, summer campers, boarding school students and your friend who needs a fun get well gift! Send one today!