A proverb is a short popular saying of unknown origin that expresses a commonplace truth or belief. Can you guess which country birthed this telling proverb above? No idea? I could not read that little adage without looking up some of that country’s other sayings. Here’s a few more from that same country:
- Anger without power is folly
- The silent dog is the first to bite.
- A little too late, is much too late.
- When I rest, I rust.
- In America half an hour is forty minutes. Ouch!
- An ass in Germany is a professor in Rome. Double ouch!
Mein Gott! The answer is Germany! Which country should I focus on next?