Who could forget George Carlin singing this:
“Oh Beautiful for smoggy skies, insecticided grain,
For strip-mined mountain’s majesty above the asphalt plain.
America, America, man sheds his waste on thee,
And hides the pines with billboard signs, from sea to oily sea.”
George Carlin also had some other keen observations about our planet & global warming:
- Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometers.
- The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE ARE! Pack your shit, folks. We’re goin’ away.
- Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.
- I have nothing against the planet per se. I root for the big comet or asteroid as a way of cleansing the planet. The comet or asteroid 65 million years ago is probably what gave us our opening to replace the reptiles.
- The planet is fine. The people are fucked.
Oh I miss that man!
Photo:By NASA ESA (http://www.nasa.gov/) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons