T. S. Eliot begins best known poem, “The Wasteland” with, ‘April is the cruellest month…’ . No, he wasn’t referring to Tax Day in the US of A, but if it weren’t for the abundance of spring flowers we might agree with him. Here are a few notable quotes about taxes:
- Tax Day is the day that ordinary Americans send their money to Washington, D.C., and wealthy Americans send their money to the Cayman Islands. Jimmy Kimmel
- The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax. Albert Einstein
- The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf. Will Rogers
- Today, it takes more brains and effort to make out the income-tax form than it does to make the income. Alfred E. Neuman
- Dear IRS, I am writing to you to cancel my subscription. Please remove my name from your mailing list. Snoopy (Charles M. Schulz)
- If your biggest tax deduction was bail money, you might be a redneck. Jeff Foxworthy
Treat someone you love to a little laugh! Send them a gift from MirthinaBox.com!
Thanks to alisonbowden14 of Flickr.com for the great coin picture!