Margaret Thatcher was Britain’s first female Prime Minister. She served from 1979 until 1990. Here’s a few of my favorite Margaret Thatcher quotes:
- Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.
- If it is once again one against forty-eight, then I am very sorry for the forty-eight.
- It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
- If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
- Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous; you get knocked down by the traffic from both sides.
- I seem to smell the stench of appeasement in the air.
- If you want to cut your own throat, don’t come to me for a bandage.
- No one would remember the Good Samaritan if he’d only had good intentions; he had money as well.
I heard this Thatcher legend on the morning news today:
Margaret Thatcher and her cabinet chiefs were at dinner London restaurant. A waiter came to take Mrs. Thatcher’s order. She announced that she would have the beef.
Absolutely, said the waiter. “And the vegetables?”
“They will have beef too.”
Think that’s a true story?
No wonder she was known as the “Iron Lady”! R.I.P.
Mirth in a Box sells fun care packages and gifts.