An acronym is a word formed from the initial letters of other words. Perhaps the best example is the word radar which is formed from radio detecting and ranging. Get it? Here’s some common ones:
- SNAFU- situation normal all *@#$*%ed up
- Blog- Web Log
- BFF- Best Friends forever
- BTW- By the way
- LOL- Laugh out loud
- ROFL-Rolling on the floor laughing
- WTF- What the ($#@
- Nabisco- National Biscuit Company
- BYOB- bring your own bottle
- KISS- Keep it simple stupid
- Gestapo- Geheime Staatspolizei
- MOMA-Museum of Modern Art
* Are we having fun yet? Send us some of your favorites!
Need to send a last minute gift? Mirth in a Box sells funny & unusual premade gift boxes. Want to browse through some unique gifts on a fun web site? Check out www.MirthinaBox.com.