Nora Eprhon (May 19, 1941- June 26, 2012) was a prolific writer who is best know for her romantic comedies, “When Harry Met Sally”, “Sleepless in Seattle” and “You’ve Got Mail”. Here are a few of my favorite Nora Ephron quotes:
- When your children are teenagers, it’s important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you.
- Beware of men who cry. It’s true that men who cry are sensitive to and in touch with feelings, but the only feelings they tend to be sensitive to and in touch with are their own.
- What my mother believed about cooking is that if you worked hard and prospered, someone else would do it for you.
- Never marry a man you wouldn’t want to be divorced from.
- My mother wanted us to understand that the tragedies of your life one day have the potential to be comic stories the next.
- Summer bachelors, like summer breezes, are never as cool as they pretend to be.