Youngman is known best for telling a series of rapid one line jokes interspersed with his violin playing.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- My wife dresses to kill. She cooks the same way.
- You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.
- You have a ready wit. Tell me when it’s ready.
- Why do Jewish men die before their wives? They want to.
- Those two are a fastidious couple. She’s fast and he’s hideous.
- She’s a big-hearted girl with hips to match.
- There was a girl knocking on my hotel room door all night! Finally, I let her out.
- Just got back from a pleasure trip: I took my mother-in-law to the airport.
- I take my wife everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back.
Thanks to Wikimedia for the picture of a young Henny Youngman!