Paraprosdokians are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or
phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader to reinterpret or reframe the first part. Here’s a few of our favorites:
- Where there’s a will, I want to be in it.
- Hospitality: making your guests feel like they are at home, even if you wish they were.
- If I agreed with you we’d both be wrong.
- You are never to old to learn something stupid.
- Nostaligia isn’t what it used to be.
- A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are on it.
- When ever I fill out an application, in the part that says “In case of emergency, notify,” I put “A Doctor“.