Mirth in a Box first compiled some common preconceived notions about the mythical mischief-makers, leprechauns. We then asked The CT chapter of LMAO (Leprechaun Misperception Annihilation Organization) to speak about these labels and how they planned to counteract them. Sean O’Sean, president of LMAO, told us that March 17th has been declared “Leprechaun Loving Day”. Mr. O’Sean hoped that people everywhere would stop and ponder how they feel about Leprechauns and send money (preferably gold coins) to LMAO. Below are some stereotypes that LMAO find most offensive:
- Leprechauns are ill tempered.
- Leprechauns are all miserly
- Leprechauns all enjoy a good jig.
- Leprechauns are short of stature.
- Leprechauns are knowledgeable about shoemaking
- Leprechauns hide their pot of gold at the end of a rainbow
- Leprechauns will grant 3 wishes when caught.
When Mirth in a Box asked Sean O’Sean what LMAO planned to do with the donations, he became extremely agitated, pulled out his shillelagh and said,” Ask any more questions and your 3 wishes will be for aspirin, ice packs and whiskey!”
Mirth in a Box sells funny and unusual gift boxes appropriate for all occasions. Send a smile to someone you love!