As NCAA basketball tip off time draws nearer, psychologists are seeing an increase in Bracketology related complaints. Mirth in a Box asked several experts to compile a list of warning signs to help a recognize the symptoms of Bracketology.
Be on the look out for the following:
- Belief in the gift of prophecy over the outcome of a basketball game
- Large amounts of money spent to maintain Bracketologist life style
- Hyperactive or maniacal behavior during basketball games
- Slavish adulation of college basketball players and/or teams
- The wearing of same “colors” or jerseys as other members of sub sect
- Belief that the world will end if team does not win
- Loud or aggressive behavior towards inanimate objects such a television set or car radio.
- Day long depression if prophecy is not fulfilled
Seek immediate help if you or a loved one exhibits any of the above behaviors during the month of March.
Mirth in a Box sells funny and unusual gift boxes for Bracketologists, their loved ones and even those who doesn’t care about NCAA basketball. Please check out our web site for a great selection of unique gifts: www.MirthinaBox.com.