- Clean house to get rid of debris from the past year
- Pay off all debts
- Put away brooms
- Resolve differences with family and friends.
Good advice! I was also told I should open all the windows and doors in my house to air out the bad spirits, wear brand new clothes on New Year’s Day, decorate the house with red & orange and to buy tangerines, oranges & persimmons. I can do that.
My favorite part of Chinese New Year’s, besides all the food, is saying, “Gung Hey Fat Choy!” to everyone I meet. That means, “Wishing you prosperity and wealth”.
Since I’m not Chinese, I decided to add a few of my own traditions:
- Take the day off of work
- Eat Chinese take out for breakfast lunch and dinner
- Watch Kung Fu Panda and Kung Fu Panda 2
- Play “Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon” on XBox
- Shout, “Hey Fat Boy!” at husband.