National Pi Day is celebrated each year on March 14–or better yet 3/14. Which nerds like us thrive off of because 3.14 is the rough estimate of the mathematical constant,π.
With the nerdiest day of the year fast approaching here are some fun facts about our favorite irrational number that everyone should know!
- During the famous O.J. Simpson trial, there were arguments between defense attorney Robert Blasier and an FBI agent about the actual value of pi, seemingly to reveal flaws in the FBI agent’s intellect.
- A mysterious crop circle found in 2008 in Britain shows a coded image representing the first 10 digits of pi.
- In 2002, a Japanese scientist found 1.24 trillion digits of pi using a computer known as the Hitachi SR 8000, thus breaking all previous records.
- Computing Pi is a stress test for a computer
- The record for the most digits of pi memorized belongs to Rajveer Meena of Vellore, India. He successfully recited 70,000 decimal places of pi on March 21, 2015, according to Guinness World Records, of course.
- Because pi is an infinite number, humans can never truly determine every single digit of pi (bummer).
- Those who are hoping to calculate pi using an old-fashioned technique can accomplish the task using a ruler, a can and a piece of string, or a protractor and a pencil (good luck to you)
- Ancient Babylonians knew of pi’s existence nearly 4,000 years ago.
Have a slice of pie to honor this extraordinary number!
Cha Ching! Here are a few quotes to spice up your Sunday and remind you that tomorrow is Monday, and Monday means back to work…ya know in the hopes of making more money.
“I’m not worried about the deficit. Its big enough to take care of itself.” –Ronald Regan
“People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made.” –Joan Rivers
“When people ask me if I have any spare change, I tell them I have it at home in my spare wallet.” –Nick Arnette
“Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort.” –Helen Gurley Brown
“A nickel ain’t worth a dime any more” –Yogi Berra
“What’s the use of happiness? It can’t buy you money.” –Henry Youngman
“It’s amazing how fast later comes when you buy now!” –Milton Berle
“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” –Oscar Wilde
“All I ask is a chance to prove that money can’t make me happy.” –Spike Mulligan
“Money doesn’t talk, it swears.” –Bob Dylan
Everyone has their favorite movie, right? Ya know the one you annoyingly make your family and friends watch again and agin despite their groaning and begging for another option? Or the one you recite each line verbatim and can anticipate the actors slightest change in body movement?
Don’t be ashamed. We all do it. But can you guess all of these famous movie lines?
- “Nobody puts Baby in the corner.”
- “ET phone home.”
- “A martini–shaken, not stirred.”
- “My momma always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”
- “It’s not the years honey, it’s the mileage.”
- “There’s no place like home. (Hint: repeat this several times, and tap your ankles together)
- “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
- “Get busy living, or get busy dying.”
- “There’s no crying in baseball!”
- “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.”
Good luck guessing! Leave a comment below with some of your guesses! And for all of you movie lovers–check out our fun Classic Movie Quote Mug available on Mirthinabox.com
1. Buy spare pair of Spanx
2. Bleach new diaper
3. Dry clean wings
4. Dermatologist’s appt to have mole removed from butt
5. Order case of liquid Viagra from Pfizer
6. Call to make full body wax appointment
7. Confirm interview with Dr. Phil
8. Buff out scratches on bow
9. Sharpen arrows
10. 2x daily target practice
11. Call Hershey’s back, let them know that they need to send 5,000,000 more chocolate boxes ASAP
12. Call for a pedicure appointment
13. Set reminder to be ready for fly practice-tomorrow morning 6 am
15. Make sure arrow bag is secure and ready to go
Mirth in a Box loves Valentines Day! Please visit our site, www.MirthinaBox.com to find the perfect gift for your silly sweetheart!
Posted in Humor
Tagged care packages, college, cupid, custom gift boxes, funny and unusual gifts, funny and unusual valentine gifts, Funny Valentines Day gifts, Gift Box, humor, Mirth in a Blog, Mirth in a Box, to do list, valentines day gift boxes
We thought these quotes might take the sting out of that “significant” birthday:
- “Middle age is when work is a lot less fun and fun is a lot more work.” -Unknown
- “Middle age is when you still believe you’ll feel better in the morning.” –Bob Hope
- “Age is just a number. Mine is unlisted.” -Unknown
- “Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy.” –Unknown
- “Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.” –Chili Davis
- “Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle.” –Bob Hope
- “It’s sad to grow old, but nice to ripen” –Brigitte Bardot
- “How young can you die of old age?” –Steven Wright
- “Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to.” –Bill Vaughn
- “I’ve learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.” –Andy Rooney
- “I’m at an age when my back goes out more than I do.” –Phyllis Diller
- “Talk about getting old. I was getting dressed and a peeping tom looked in the window, took a look and pulled down the shade.” –Joan Rivers
- “Middle age–the time when you finally get your head together, but then your body starts falling apart” –Unknown
- “Middle age is having the choice of two temptations and choosing the one that will get you home earlier.” –Daniel Bennett
Mirth in a Box sells fantastically fun gifts and gift boxes including fan favorite, Birthday Party in a Box and Ha Ha You’re Old Now. Here’s an idea! Send some happy for a birthday today!
Posted in Humor
Tagged aging, birthday wishes, Bob Hope, Bridgette Bardot, Chili Davis, comedians, funny and unusual college care packages, getting older, humor, jokes, middle age, Mirth in a Box, one liners, over the hill birthday, Stephen Wright, unique gift ideas
- How do you identify a bald eagle? All his feathers are combed over to one side!
- What do you give a sick bird? Tweetment!
- Why does a stork stand on one leg? Because it would fall over if it lifted the other one!
- Why do hummingbirds hum? Because they don’t know the words!
- Why do ducks fly south? Because it’s too far to walk!
- Where do birds invest their money? In the stork market!
- Why does a chicken coop have only 2 doors? If it had 4 it would be a sedan!
- What do you call a duck on drugs? A quackhead !
- What do you call a sick eagle? Illegal !
- What does a 1,000 lb. canary say? Here kitty, kitty, kitty!
- When should you buy a bird? When it’s cheep!
- How does a bird with a broken wing manage to land safely on the ground? It uses its sparrowchute!
- Why do hummingbirds hum? Because they don’t know the words to the song!
Got any better jokes? Please send them my way!
Mirth in a Box sells fun and unusual care packages for campers, college students, and people who need to be cheered up! Send one today!
cheer up, chum
But it certainly made me laugh!
This year’s run of the Flu is certainly serious, but here at Mirth In A Box we try to find a little bit of laughter in everything.
Patient: “Doctor, doctor! Can you help me? I am awfully sick!”
Patient: “No I drove here.”
And one more for the road…..
What’s the difference between the bird flu and the regular flu? With the bird flu you need tweetment!
Hey! We have an idea? Why not send one of MirthinaBox.com’s Get Well and Cheer Up gift sets to all your friends who are sick with a cough, runny nose, fever or headache? Giddy up!
Here at Mirth In A Box, we are huge fans of laughing, any type of comedic behaviors, but most of all, we love jokes! A good joke can outlast the test of time. If recited correctly with just the right amount of sarcasm and enthusiasm, it is guaranteed to crack a smile across the faces of it’s audience. Here are some of our favorite classic jokes to get your week started!
- Did ya hear on the news how the police arrested two kids yesterday? One was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one – and let the other one off.
- The other day, I said to the gym instructor, “Can you teach me to do splits?” He said, “How flexible are you?” I said, “I can’t make Tuesdays.”
- A man went to apply for a job. After filling out all of his applications, he waited anxiously for the outcome. The employer read all his applications and said, “We have an opening for people like you.” “Oh, great,” he said, “What is it?” “It’s called the door!”
- Two women, each a dog owner, are arguing about whose dog is smarter. The first Woman starts by arguing, “my dog is so smart, every morning he waits for the paper to come and then immediately brings it right to me.” The second woman adds, “I know…” “How?” the first woman asked. The second woman replies with “my dog told me.”
- What’s the opposite of irony? Wrinkly.
- What did the black bug say as it slid down the zebras back? Now you see me, now you don’t, now you see me, now you don’t.
- A man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation for a local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
- What’s the best time to go to the dentist? Tooth-hurtie!
Have a classic joke of your own you would like to tell us about? Leave a comment below!
Here are a few Snowman jokes to get you through the bitter cold this winter! We’re hoping that a good laugh will help keep you warm!
- Why did Frosty the Snowman divorce his wife? Because his wife turned out to be a flake
- If a Snowman was a rapper what would his stage name be? Froze-T
- Why was the Snowman sad? Because he was having a meltdown
- What do you call the annual Snowman Holiday party? The Snowball
- What do Snowmen refer to their kids as? Chill-dren
- If Frosty the Snowman and a wolf had a baby, what would it be called? A brrrr-grrrrr
- When a Snowman has to cash a check, where does he go? The snow bank
- If a Snowman and a vampire had a baby what would they name it? Frostbite
- What do Snowmen wear on their heads to keep warm? Ice caps
- What does Frosty the Snowman add to his cheeseburgers? Chilly sauce
- How do you scare a Snowman? Pull out a hairdryer
We would love to hear some of your favorite Snowman jokes! Comment below!
Brrrrrr! As we ring in the new year, mounds of snow have already made their way into our backyards and it seems like they are here to stay. With great snow accumulation comes a great amount of snow days. But despite the excitement on a child’s face when they are told school is cancelled due to inclement weather conditions, a parents face seems to simultaneously cringe in panic. What could possibly keep one’s child entertained for the duration of a snow day, without driving their parents crazy? Don’t worry MirthInABox is here to help with some fun snow day essentials that will put a smile on every parent and child’s face.
- Board games- board games are a great way to involve the whole family in a friendly snow day competition. Some of our staff’s favorite games include, Zeus On The Loose, Hanabi, and Loot all of which are sure to keep the kids busy and happy.
- Ear Plugs for Mom and Dad- For the parents that are having trouble coping with their children’s bountiful energy exploding all over the house, ear plugs are here to save the day.
- An Indoor Sport (That Won’t Damage Any Furniture)- After a few hours of being indoors, cabin fever is sure to set in. To keep the kids moving, MirthInABox offers a miniature basketball hoop that can easily be attached to a door or a wall and a small basketball to go with it.
- A DIY Activity- The Stitch and Sketch DIY Journal will transform any child into an embroidering artist and keep them busy creating a snow day masterpiece.
- Coloring the Day Away Alongside the Kids- Kids are not the only ones who can get bored on a snow day: The Color Relax Pocket-Sized Adult Coloring Book is a great way for a parent to keep their mind occupied on a frigid snow day as well!
Each of these products are available for purchase on our website!
Happy Snow Days!